1 medium size bangus (milkfish)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 30min = Cook: 1hr = Ready in: 1hr30min
1. Clean fish by removing scales, removing gills and the insides. Cut part of the tail.
2. Pound the flesh of the fish to loosen it up. Cut open from the backside lengthwise.
3. Scrape out fish meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Set aside. Squeeze half of lemon into the meat and soya sauce. Boil 2 minutes.
4. When cooled, remove fish bone from the meat.
5. In a skillet, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil. Add the fish meat, and all remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes. Cool.
6. When cooled, fill the skin with all of the cooked mixture until the fish is formed again.
7. Sew the side to seal the mixture. Fry the fish whole. Slice fish crosswise to serve